|2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder|
|3⁄4 cup white sugar|
|1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature|
|1 tsp lemon zest, grated (we used orange)|
|1⁄4 tsp salt|
|2 large eggs|
|3⁄4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped (we use Nature’s Gold Raw Pistachios)|
|2⁄3 cup dried cranberries|
|12 oz good quality white chocolate, chopped|
Prep Cook Ready
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to combine. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. Form the dough into a 13 inch long by 3 inch wide log on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the log on a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick slices. Arrange biscotti cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake until they are pale golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer biscotti to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Stir white chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. Dip half of each biscotti into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off any excess chocolate, then place the biscotti on the baking sheet for the chocolate to set. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- The biscotti can be made ahead. Store them in an airtight container for up to 4 days or wrap them in foil and freeze in resealable plastic bags for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe originally inspired by Food Network and http://www.kitchme.com